Wk 6 Discussions health and medicine homework help
Need one and half page for each discussion with references
Topic 6 DQ 1
Select one of the following discussion questions for your discussion response. Indicate which question you have chosen using the format displayed in the “Discussion Forum Sample.”
- What are some of the key pathophysiological differences between neurogenic and nephrogenic diabetes insipidus?
- Explain the diagnostic criteria for metabolic syndrome and explain the pathophysiology behind the systems seen.
- Diabetic neuropathies are a major cause of morbidity and mortality. Explain the etiology, pathophysiology, and outcomes of one of the following: retinopathy, nephropathy, or neuropathy.
- Explain the role of leptin in the role of obesity.
Topic 6 DQ 2
Select two of the following discussion questions for your discussion response. Indicate which questions you have chosen using the format displayed in the “Discussion Forum Sample.”
- What symptoms and exam findings would prompt you to perform a pituitary workup? What laboratory and neuroimaging studies would you order and why?
- A 24-year-old postpartum patient presents with vague symptoms of fatigue, weight fluctuation, brittle nails, and a lump in her throat. From an endocrine standpoint, what are your potential diagnoses based on symptoms without knowing lab findings? Include the potential workup you would attempt.
- What is the difference between diabetic ketoacidosis and hyperosmolar nonketotic syndrome? How do the treatment options differ as well as have similarities? What are the associated conditions that would cause either of the conditions?