Robert Ross is a 17 year-old male who presents with acute chest pain, palpitations, fever and malaise. He has had symptoms suggestive of a viral syndrome for the past week, but otherwise has no significant past medical history.
- What questions would you ask to gather important diagnostic information?
- How would you diagnose and manage this 17 year old male whose symptoms include palpitations, fever and malaise?
- Which diagnostic studies would you recommend for this patient. Include the rationale for ALL diagnostics and Labs?
- What physical exam findings and diagnostic results would be concerning to you and why?
- What would be three differentials in this case?
- Identify additional life threatening diagnoses that must be considered when a patient presents with acute chest pain.
- What is the treatment (including rationale) for Robert and education for the family?