Understanding the Idea of Community management homework help
There are two assignments listed below , please complete both assignments listed below.
Assignment 1 :
Researching Community Partnerships
Review the â€œPreview of Your Final Projectâ€ criteria sheet to help you focus your work this week. Before engaging in your research, make sure you have decided on the organization you would like to research in this class so you can apply the work you do this week to your final project.
*Note: As you gather your sources, make sure the ones you choose are no more than five (5) years old. This is part of the requirements for your Final Project.
Six-Article Annotated Bibliography
- Find and summarize the Grow, Hamm, & Leeâ€™s â€œThe Debate over Doing Goodâ€ (in EBSCO).
- Use your key terms that you generated through searching Grantham Libraryâ€™s EBSCOhost and/or Google Scholar to find at least five additional, reputable articles to review as background information on community partnerships and community organizations.
- Review each of the six articles you found and summarize them based on the following criteria:
- The name of the author and article,
- The purpose of the article,
- The problem addressed,
- The population addressed, and,
- The results of the article.
Your review should include all six articles. You should provide a 100-150 word paragraph for each source addressing the each of the four key ideas in your summary. Each article should also include a reference citation in APA format.
Remen, R. N. (1999 Jan.1). Helping, fixing or serving? University of Cincinnati.Retrieved from:
In the article, â€œHelping, Fixing, or Servingâ€ (1999), Remen asserts that people see the world in three
different ways broken, weak or whole.
These viewpoints results in how a person connect to their world. Remen views serving as a way to moves beyond the expertise and incorporates both their serves strengthens as well as the strengths of others.
Many times people seek to help or fix rather than service. Remen uses examples of an emergency physician sees delivering a baby as a service rather than fixing the problem. She shares how a nurse moved past professional protocols to serve her by removing her ileostomy. In these examples, she explains how experiences shorten the distance between the humans. Remen shows how serving rather than fixing or helping benefits all parties and impacts humanity.
Assignment 2 :
This week, through our readings and discussion, we have looked at the idea of community, and the opportunities and responsibilities we have toward others within our communities. Additionally, we have begun to explore the following course outcomes:
- read and extract information and ideas from a variety of texts – Critical Thinking
- ask valid and logical questions that promote a deeper understanding of the issues being examined; – Critical Thinking
- express a well-informed, personal viewpoint and show an understanding of his or her own biases;- Critical thinking & Communication
- consider the viewpoints of others, especially those ideas that challenge his or her own; – Critical thinking & Respect for Diversity
- articulate how learning extends beyond the classroom.- Communication & Lifelong Learning & Social, Ethical & Professional Responsibility
In your journal, reflect back on what you have learned so far through the course readings, assignments, and discussions (you are encouraged to reflect back on previous weeks as well). Answer each of the following questions to guide your reflection:
- What, if anything, did you find surprising, particularly challenging, or interesting? (10pts)
- From what you know about this course so far, what connections can you make to previous learning experiences, and how do you think this course will help you as you move forward in your college and professional life? (10pts)
- How do the course outcomes (listed above) for this week apply to your experience so far?(10pts)
- What specific ideas did you learn from the Starbucks book this week that you could use in your every life or future career? (10 pts)
- What questions do you still need answered?(10pts)