The Capitol Budget business and finance homework help
Assignment 2: The Capital Budget
Due Week 6 and worth 180 points
Refer the Scenario for Assignments 1â€“5. Forecast salaries, revenue estimating, and prepare the capital budget.
Using the budget from the selected agency, write a five to six (5-6) page paper in which you:
- Analyze the agencyâ€™s compensation for employees. Provide a rationale on what the costs and benefits would be for a 2 percent, 4 percent, or 5 percent pay increase for the fiscal year 2014. In your forecast, discuss the effects of the increase on benefits for the agency. (Title this section Payroll Forecast.)
- Review the trend of the agency over the past five (5) years and prepare an analysis explaining the trend for expenditures. (Title this section Trend Analysis.)
- Prepare and explain a five (5) year forecast of the four (4) highest expenditures. Include in the analysis whether the costs should be approved or not approved. Justify the reasoning with examples. (Title this section Expenditure Forecast.)
- Compare two (2) options for predicting the cost of needed repairs to the current building that houses the selected agency. Provide a rationale for recommending one (1) of the two (2) options. Include the figures to support the rationale. (Title this section Capital Budget.)
- Provide names and URLs of the Websites for the stateâ€™s budget(s) analyzed and any other government Websites used to support the assignmentâ€™s criteria.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the studentâ€™s name, the professorâ€™s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.