Assignment 2: System Analysis
In this course, you will progressively work on a system implementation process in six stages:
- Week 1: System planning
- Week 2: System analysis
- Week 3: System selection
- Week 4: System implementation
- Week 5: User training and system maintenance
You can use Internet resources, peer-reviewed journals, and reputable, published articles, and you may interview an executive of a healthcare facility that has implemented an electronic medical record system/electronic health record system or similar system to describe the six implementation steps.
This week, you will conduct system analysis. System analysis is a process of collecting, organizing, and evaluating data about the information systems and the environment in which the system operates. For this section, you need to answer the following questions:
- What is the current system for your fictional healthcare organization?
- What problems do you have with the current system? Where do its weaknesses lie?
- What changes will the implementation of a new system yield, and how will they impact the working of the organization?
- Would you like to extend the existing system or replace it?
- What is your phase-out plan for the existing system?
Complete the assignment in a 3–5-page Word document and name it SUO_HCM3008_W2_A2_yourinitials.
Submit it to the W2: Assignment 2 Dropbox by Tuesday, February 9, 2016.
Cite any sources in the APA format.
Assignment 2 Grading Criteria
Described the current system.
Listed problems and weaknesses with the current system.
Proposed changes to the existing system and described the impact they will have on the organization.
Suggested extension to the system or replacement.
Proposed a phase-out plan.
Presented a structured document free of spelling and grammatical errors.
Properly cited sources using APA format.