Stress Mental Health Functioning and Stress Management Interventions homework help
This assignment will focus on some of the stressors encountered by law enforcement officers. You will explore how these stressors affect police officers. Learning about the incidence and prevalence of posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD) among police officers is one of the goals of this assignment. You will also develop a stress management curriculum that could be utilized for officers in need of stress management and stress reduction services.
Using the module’s readings and the Argosy University online library resources, research the various aspects of stress in the life of a police officer.
Part 1: Stress and Mental Health Functioning
Create a 5- to 6-page paper in a Microsoft Word document addressing the following:
- How might stress be different for male versus female officers?
- How are stressors for law enforcement personnel different from those for other individuals living in the community?
- What are some of the unique stressors encountered in law enforcement?
- Is PTSD more prevalent in law enforcement? If so, why?
- How much do past life events impact current mental health functioning?
Apply APA standards to citation of sources.
Part 2: Stress Management Curriculum
Using the module’s readings and the Argosy University online library resources, research sources of stress and stress management methods.
In this part, you will develop a stress management curriculum to be taught at a weekly in-service training for law enforcement officers. This will be a 4-hour instructional presentation.
Create an 8- to 10-slide Microsoft PowerPoint presentation addressing the following:
- Outline the topics you will include in the presentation.
- Include relevant research and statistics related to stressors in law enforcement work.
- Include practical exercises and handouts for helping officers to understand and address the effects of stress related to their employment.
Support your responses giving reasons and examples from scholarly resources.
Include the following in your presentation:
- A title slide
- A reference slide
- Headings for each section
- Speaker notes to support the contents of each slide