Read the texts and answer the following questions
Read the texts and answer the following questions.
Each question needs 150+ words.
1. Thoreauâ€™s statement, â€œThe mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation,â€ is one of the most famous lines in American literature. What does he mean? What social commentary is he making?
2. What does Thoreau mean when he writes, â€œWe do not ride on the railroad; it rides upon usâ€? What social commentary is he making?
3. What in Smithâ€™s letter might offend non-Mormon Americans?
4. What does the Mormon experience suggest about the extent and limits of religious freedom in the pre-Civil War United States?
Declaration of Sentiments and Resolutions
5. According to the delegates of the Convention, in what ways were women treated unequally?
6. How does this document compare in wording and structure to the Declaration of Independence? Why do you think the delegates at Seneca Falls decided to use this format?