Business Finance – – termpaperbuddy.com | Instant Assignment Help
Publicly Traded Company – termpaperbuddy.com | Instant Assignment Help
MGT 325: Finance for Managers
Writing Assignment Guidelines and Rubric
Select a publicly traded company that trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) or on the NASDAQ to analyze. Please note that it is usually easier to find more recent information on larger or well-known companies. The analysis in your essay should answer the following questions:
- Why did you choose to analyze this company?
- What were the opinions of some of your referenced articles on this stock as an investment? Please note that it is best if there is at least some disagreement on this question.
- Is an investment in the stock a higher or lower risk investment than an investment in other stocks as a whole? Why or why not?
- How large is the company in relation to its competitors?
- How fast is the company growing?
- How profitable is the company?
- What is the company’s price-to-earnings ratio? What does this tell you about the company?
- Does it have a dividend? If so, what is the dividend yield?
- Does the future of the company appear to be promising?
- On which exchange does the company trade and what is its ticker symbol?
- Key Point: Do you recommend or not recommend this company’s stock as an investment for investors that are considering stock investments? Why?
The Writing Assignment is to be 750 – 1,250 words in length (this range includes everything in the assignment including your name, title, and citations). Turnitin.com software will be used to ensure that submitted assignments are original works.
The writing assignment should be in an essay format. Additionally, you are required to support your position by using at least one recent reference from an academic journal or prominent business publication (e.g., The Wall Street Journal, Barron’s, Fortune, Investor’s Business Daily, etc.). A recent reference is one that has a publication date that is less than one year old as of the beginning of the semester. Importantly, references from websites do not qualify unless those websites are part of a reputable print publication. For example, Investopedia.com can be used, but it does not count as a reference that satisfies the criteria of a recent reference.