Probation and Punishment law homework help
Write a three to four (3-4) page paper in which you:
- Outline your findings from your review of the file of Kris, for whom Robert is considering probation. State whether or not your results from the file review match Robertâ€™s. Explain two (2) instances in which your views and those of Robert are both similar and different.
- Develop a profile of the so-called perfect candidate to participate in an intensive supervised probation program. The profile should contain at least three (3) attributes that you believe make this defendant the perfect candidate for this type of probation.
- Defend or critique the strategy of matching the inmate to the correctional facility as a response to the legal concept of cruel and unusual punishment. Provide a rationale for your position with concrete examples.
- Defend or critique whether programs and amenities geared to making prison life effectiveâ€”which run the gamut from hiring extra officers, to counseling and therapy, to building a gardenâ€”are time and taxpayer money well spent.
- Use at least three (3) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the studentâ€™s name, the professorâ€™s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Outline the major characteristics and purposes of prisons, including prisonersâ€™ rights and prison society.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in criminal justice.
- Write clearly and concisely about criminal justice using proper writing mechanics and APA style conventions.