Option 1 PharmRX Training Woes marketing homework help
In this assignment, you will read and respond to the following case study in a 3-4 page paper. The requirements for the paper can be found below.
It was the ï¬rst day of PharmRX sales-training meeting at its Tulsa ofï¬ce. The companyâ€™s 25 salespeople talked excitedly during breakfast about the upcoming events: a few rounds of golf, some fishing at Grand Lake, and an awards dinner, at which the annual incentive contest winners would be announced.
At 7:45 a.m., the salespeople met in the designated meeting room. The reps took their seats, and at 8 a.m. sharp, their instructor, Sam Sellers, walked in and began the session. Five hours later the salespeople emerged and met for lunch. They were soon joined by the sales manager, Linda Spencer who had attended the sales training conducted by the same company. The moment they sat down, the repsâ€™ ranting began: â€œThis was the worst training Iâ€™ve ever attended.â€ â€œIt was tedious.â€ â€œI couldâ€™ve learned more in my sleep.â€ The reps were so angry that they didnâ€™t want to sit through the two remaining sessions. â€œTen more hours would be pure torture,â€ one salesperson insisted.
Spencer suggested to the reps that they focus on enjoying that afternoonâ€™s activity and said she would have a resolution by the time she rejoined them for dinner. Spencer didnâ€™t want this meeting to be a bust; she also didnâ€™t want to squander the companyâ€™s investment in the sales meeting and training sessions.
- What steps should Spencer take to resolve the situation? (Canceling the remaining sessions is not an option.)
- How can Spencer avoid this situation in the future?
Your paper should meet the following requirements:
- 3-4 pages in length, not including the cover page and reference page.
- Cite a minimum of three sources, two of which should be academic peer-reviewed, scholarly sources to support your responsesâ€”in addition to your textbook. The CSU-Global library is a great place to find these resources.
- Make sure you properly cite and reference your sources according to theCSU-Global Guide to Writing and APA Requirements.
- Your paper must be clearly and well written using excellent grammar and style techniques. Be concise. Be logical. You are being graded in part on the quality of your writing.
Refer to the Critical Thinking Rubric in the Module 4 Folder for more information on expectations for this assignment.