Module 3 Discussion
Discuss how utilization management may change in the future. Consider the following questions in your response:
- What are the existing challenges in utilization management that would evoke changes?
- What are the primary changes that will likely occur?
- Why do you think these changes are imminent?
- How will these changes impact medical care processes and outcomes?
Refer to the text and past experiences as you provide evidence to support your response and the responses to your peers.
- Cole-Lewis, H., & Kershaw, T. (2010). Text messaging as a tool for behavior change in disease prevention and management. Epidemiologic reviews, 32(1), 56-69.
- Deom, M., Agoritsas, T., Bovier, P. A., & Perneger, T. V. (2010). What doctors think about the impact of managed care tools on quality of care, costs, autonomy, and relations with patients. BMC health services research, 10(1), 331.
- Chapters 7, 8, and 9 in Essentials of Managed Health Care