midas company business and finance homework help
Read the â€œMidasâ€ case study in Chapter 2 of your text and respond to the guided response below in a three- to four-page paper in accordance with APA guidelines as outlined.
Assume that Midas is deciding whether it should add engine tune-ups to its existing product line. Top management has called you in as a consultant to help it to analyze this opportunity. The first thing the consultant asks you to do is read the Midas and Genoa Ford Feature in this chapter.
Management is concerned about the impact that this new service will have on existing operations. Presently, the company has a policy that customers will not wait longer than 30 minutes for muffler service. How can Midas maintain that pledge? What methods for scheduling tune-up service might make it easier for Midas to keep its pledge? If reaction to the new service is great, the shops may not have the capacity to satisfy demand. Should the company add capacity to existing shops to take the extra load, or should it add more shops? How will the shop owners react to the new proposal? Assume that most of the shops are very profitable. Will the owners want higher profits?
Midas’s management is looking for help in organizing its thinking and has asked you to respond to the following questions in a two-page report. Your responses should include the critical issues raised in the previous paragraph.
- What are the anticipated impacts upon operating efficiency? How would you attempt to minimize the negative impacts?
- Should some operating practices be changed to accommodate the tune-ups?
- Should input be gathered from the shop owners? If so, what?
- If Midas decides to launch this new program, how should it begin?
In this paper you must:
- Discuss the anticipated impacts (both positive and negative) upon operating efficiencies, and recommend solutions to minimize the negative impacts.
- Discuss whether or not operating practices should be changed to accommodate the tune-ups. Be sure to explain your reasoning.
- Examine the reasons why input should be gathered from the shop owners.
- Discuss the type of input that should be gathered.
- Describe the processes and steps needed to launch this new program.
Your paper should be in paragraph form (avoid the use of bullet points) and supported with the concepts outlined in your and additional scholarly sources.
Submit your three- to four-page paper (not including the title and reference pages). Your paper must be formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center and must cite at least three scholarly sources in addition to Vonderembse, M. & White, P. (2013). Operations Management. San Diego, CA: Bridgepoint Education..