Local Disaster Response Planning
Develop a PowerPoint presentation of 6â€“7 slides that provides details about your plan when planning a hurricane disaster response.
Include speaker notes of 200â€“300 words that will be used when presenting the plan to your superiors.
- Who will comprise your planning committee? Explain.
- Identify public- and private-sector partner agencies and elected officials (if any) that should serve on the planning committee.
- What are the component parts of the plan (be specific and detailed)? Explain.
- What participating agencies may be more or less involved in which parts of the plan development? Explain.
- Are there subject matter experts (SMEs) or other entities that should be involved in any one specific area of the plan development? Explain.
- Based upon the emergency management concept of incident management that includes the phases of preparedness and mitigation, response, and recovery, identify the actions that will need to be taken in each phase as they relate to the hazard you have selected.
- Identify the major challenges that the community and responders will encounter when responding to the hazard.
- What solutions exist (e.g., mutual aid, contract services) to overcome those challenges? Explain in detail.
- What should be the short- and long-term recovery goals of the community following this eventâ€™s occurrence?
This Power point needs to be a draft (not too polished) I will have to submit a final Power point next week.