Identify building designs
You are the safety officer of a working commercial structure fire. You find the following building and fire conditions upon arrival. The incident commander has requested that you provide important building information.
Write a 1â€“2-page paper (excluding cover page) that identifies:
- What type of construction is involved in the fire and how do you know what type of construction it is? List three hazards associated with the selected type of construction and why.
- Which two design features of the building in the scenario provides the biggest advantage in controlling the spread of the smoke and fire? Outside of the scenario, which building type offers the biggest advantage in controlling the spread of smoke and fire? Why?
- Which two design features of the building in the scenario provide the most concern regarding fire and smoke growth? Outside of the scenario, which building type offers the most concern regarding fire and smoke growth? Why?
- Outside of the scenario, what codes and regulations are associated with building construction projects?
- Convey the building information to the incident commander as to the dangers associated with the represented building and the precautions that should be taken to safeguard personnel operating on the scene.
Include a minimum of one reference in addition to your classroom materials and format your work consistent with APA guidelines and cite references throughout your work.
Visit the Firefighter Nation website and view the summary of the five types of building construction.
Frassetto, R. (2012, February 1). Understanding building construction types. Firefighter Nation. Retrieved from http://www.firefighternation.com/article/truck-co-operations/understanding-building-construction-types