INTRODUCTION TO SOCIOLOGY
Assignment #1: Agents of Socialization
In class 11&12, you learned about the importance of socialization, how various agents like family, school, and mass media play a role in socializing an individual, and how these experiences in socialization impact the individual across their lifespan. In this assignment, you will apply this information by analyzing the agents of socialization as they impact a specific individual. Please submit to Top Hat a typed, double-spaced paper of 2-4 pages. When you need to use content from textbook and/or slides, do paraphrase (i.e. use your own words), simply “copy and paste” will be considered as plagiarism. The assignment contains:
STEP 1: Identify and briefly describe the agents of socialization. Please include information like general age of a person in which the agent plays a specific role, importance of the agent in socialization, how long these agents remain relevant, and when these agents are most relevant.
STEP 2: Choose an individual to use as a case study to better understand each agent of socialization. This example can be a real person, or it can be character from a television show, movie, or book. Discuss the various agents this person has in their life. Describe, in detail, the specific roles these agents play in socialization of the individual.
STEP 3: In a majority of situations, agents aren’t always “on the same page” and social expectations between agents may create difficulty or conflict for an individual. Using your example, identify a situation in which the social expectation varied between agents. What are some ways an individual may respond to these conflicting expectations? What issues may arise for an individual as they navigate these expectations? How can clinicians assist in this area?
You will earn 5 additional points on the grade of this assignment by annotating your assignment and do self-explanation:
Mark where you have used specific concepts and theoretical frameworks. (In this assignment, you may use “socialization,” “agent of socialization,” “social expectation,” “anticipatory socialization,” and “”)
Briefly explain how these specific contents of your assignment (where you marked) match the concepts and frameworks.
Identify agents of socialization
1. Appropriately identify all agents of socialization mentioned in textbook.
Describe each agent
2. Describe general age of a person in which the agent plays a specific role.
3. Describe how long each agent remains relevant, and when the agent is most relevant.
4. Describe the importance of the agent in socialization.
Provide an individual example
5. Provide an appropriate example of an individual.
6. Identify at least three relevant agents of socialization in the life of the individual in Task 5.
7. Describe the specific roles these agents play in socialization of the individual in Task 5.
Identifies conflict, discusses relevance
8. For the individual in Task 5, identify a situation in which the agents have different social expectations.
9. Discuss at least two ways the individual may respond to this kind of conflicting expectation.
10. Discuss at least two issues may arise for the individual as he/she navigates these conflicting expectations.
11. Discuss at least one way that clinicians can assist to address the issues arise in the experience of conflicting expectations.
College-level writing grammar
12. Be aware of your spelling, punctuation, syntax, etc.
The post Identify and briefly describe the agents of socialization ACADEMIC ASSISTERS. ACADEMIC ASSISTERS.
>>>Click here to get this paper written at the best price. 100% Custom, 0% plagiarism.<<<
The post Identify and briefly describe the agents of socialization appeared first on First Class Essay Writers.