- Review the Health care Program/Policy Evaluation Analysis Template provided in the Resources.
- Select an existing healthcare program or policy evaluation or choose one of interest to you. Here is an example of a Health care Program Evaluation Example:https://www.nichd.nih.gov/sites/default/files/publications/pubs/documents/msy_evaluation_report_final.pdf
- You do NOT need to get approval from me if 1) the evaluation that you selected has been done on a health care program or a policy, 2) it fits the assignment criteria, and 3) you are able to apply and respond to the questions in the assignment queue.
- Review the health care program or policy evaluation and reflect on the criteria used to measure the effectiveness of the program or policy described.
To Complete the Assignment (2–3 pages), based on the program or policy evaluation you selected, complete the Healthcare Program/Policy Evaluation Analysis Template. Be sure to address the following:
- Describe the health care program or policy outcomes.
- How was the success of the program or policy measured?
- How many people were reached by the program or policy selected?
- How much of an impact was realized with the program or policy selected?
- At what point in program implementation was the program or policy evaluation conducted?
- What data was used to conduct the program or policy evaluation?
- What specific information on unintended consequences was identified?
- What stakeholders were identified in the evaluation of the program or policy? Who would benefit most from the results and reporting of the program or policy evaluation? Be specific and provide examples.
- Did the program or policy meet the original intent and objectives? Why or why not?
- Would you recommend implementing this program or policy in your place of work? Why or why not?
- Identify at least two ways that you, as a nurse advocate, could become involved in evaluating a program or policy after 1 year of implementation.