four organizations that have made A commitment to help reduce or eliminate poverty writing homework help
Among the resources for this week are websites of four organizations that have made a commitment to help reduce or eliminate poverty, or to support poor children and families. Prepare for this Discussion in the following way:
- Choose one of these links to information about children in poverty:
Children’s Defense Fund
National Center for Children in Poverty
Institute for Children, Poverty, and Homelessness
UNICEF: United Nations Children’s Fund
- Study it in depth, as well as the resources available on the site. These may include position papers, research, and/or links to information beyond the website, newsletters, blogs, and other resources.
Discussion: Supporting Children and Families in Poverty
Having current knowledge is vital to understanding issues and trends related to poverty and initiatives that either support poor children and families, or work toward the elimination of poverty. The more knowledgeable you are, the better you will be able to understand and help children and families. Perhaps you have been moved to become actively involved in trying to eliminate poverty. Perhaps your passion for early childhood-related issues currently has a different focus. Either way, it is your professional responsibility to know about the efforts to reduce or eliminate poverty in the lives of young children and their families.
- The name and link to the website you chose to analyze
- A paraphrase of the general objective/mission of the organization that maintains the website, that is, the poverty-related issues they have chosen to address
- A brief description of the types of resources about poverty available through this site
- Your response to one of the following questions:
- If you were to decide to make the reduction of poverty part of your professional work, how might these resources support your efforts?
- According to this website, what is currently being done by others to reduce or eliminate poverty?
- A summary of how this information helps you to better understand issues and trends related to poverty as it affects young children, their families, and the early childhood field, and how this information might help you in your role as an early childhood professional who advocates for their well-being.