https://termpaperbuddy.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/term_log.png 0 0 admin https://termpaperbuddy.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/term_log.png admin2021-06-09 19:52:442021-06-09 19:52:44Film Questions film homework help
Film Questions film homework help
Please write a 150-word essay for each question:
- Please discuss the following: How can a director use the camera and lighting to evoke emotions in film? Think of a film during which your emotions changed. Was this a result of the cinematography? If so, how? Explain your answer.
- One definition of mise-en-scÃ¨ne describes this aspect of filmmaking as the aura emanating from details of setting, scenery, and staging. Think of films that have a style or sensibility that is the culmination of different components of film production discussed in this week’s reading and are examples of mise-en-scÃ¨ne that you have enjoyed. DISCUSS the details in your selected movies that together produce the film’s particular mise-en-scÃ¨ne.
- Here’s a promotional video I did for a nonprofit organization called “Well Africa”: https://vimeo.com/111486746. Please watch this film and tell me how the cinematography helped you “feel” the message of this organization.
- Have you ever had to choose a color for a painting project? Or have you ever noticed the pantone color palettes that are common in your local home improvement store? Take a look at an online color palette and think about the palette you would use for a movie of your own life. Think how color palettes convey different moods in different movies before settling on your own palette. DISCUSS your selections and how they relate to the mood and style of your film, and what elements of the film you think should be involved in establishing color palette.
- How does a film’s editing contribute to its success or failure? Please provide an example and discuss.
- In the last 10 years, “film shots” have become shorter and shorter, increasing the pace of the film. Here’s an article entitled “Hollywood’s love of fast-paced editing is cutting us short”: http://triblive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/ae/movies/s_443833.html. Please review this short article and tell us if you think that “fast-paced” editing is hurting the quality of current Hollywood films and why. Here’s an example of “fast-paced editing”: https://youtu.be/GeoUELDgyM4
- Please discuss the following: Music and musical scores are often used to elicit an emotional response from the audience. Think of a movie in which the music affected you emotionally, such as Jaws or Sleepless in Seattle. How were you affected negatively or positively by the music? You may select any movie you’d like.
- Please watch the video provided on the Student Materials link. Then answer the following question: How does the sound design of the film Forrest Gump contributes to its success? http://www.tomhanks-online.com/media/video/detail/85/forrest-gump-sound-design