The responsible conduct of research is essential to protecting both human and non-human animal subjects. Vulnerable populations have been exploited throughout the centuries, and even today, research subjects are at risk of injury or death. As a researcher, you must be able to identify potential areas of ethical concern. Sometimes these areas are obvious, whereas other times you must consider the far-reaching effects of the research on study participants.
In this Discussion, you will consider the possible ethical dilemmas that might occur while conducting your research.
- Consider the informed consent process needed for your research
- Consider the potential populations participating in your search
- Think about any conflict of interest for yourself or other members of the research team
Post a comprehensive response that addresses only the following:
- Identify the population and setting of your research
- What are two ethical issues that may affect your proposed research?
- How can you avoid these issues?
- Will your research require IRB or IACUC review? If so, what level of review? Why?