Congressional Panel Directions health and medicine homework help
Congressional Panel Directions
-Find a list of the congressional committees
- Google committees in congress.
- State they represent
- House (district they represent or senate)
- Party they belong to
- The committee they chair or they position within
- Education and a little background
- Answer this: Do you think this representative is qualified?
-Find 5 Committees that in theory would contain members with the appropriated awareness about â€œTo Investigate the Correlation between BPA Chemicals and Obesity among Humansâ€
( here are 5 committees that you should use):
1-Administrator of the Environmental Protection Agency
2- Secretary of Education
3- Department of Health and Human Service
4- Secretaries Health and Human Services
5- Secretaries of Commerce
– Write a short description on the committeeâ€™s responsibilities and how itâ€™s related to the correlation Between BPA and obesity.
-Choose 1 congressmen or women that sits each of your committee that have specialized knowledge relevant to the proposed bill ( I will send to you the Bill proposed)
-Make a list of your elected panel that include this to each one of them :
-Write a paragraph that will answer the following questions:
- -Why is it important for policy makers to be knowledgeable about topics that relate to the committee they belong to?
- -Do you think these people always have the best qualifications for the committee they are appointed?
- -Do you think politicians can have limited background on a topic yet make relatively informed decisions? How do you think they do that?
- -Do you think there are an adequate number of representatives with backgrounds in health care in federal office?
- -Do you believe politicians have the best interest of the people they represent at heart?
- -What would be the advantage to having more professionally diverse representation?
— How do you think that influences policy and the American people?