Show your work on all problems to get full credits. Submit the completed quiz in the assignment folder.
Total Points: 100
Due:June 18, 2017
1.a. Find the midpoint of the segment with endpoints (5, â€“2) and (7, 4).
b.The point (4, â€“1) is on a circle with center (7, 3). Find the length ofradius of the circle.
3.a. Find the slope-intercept equation for a line with slope 5 and which
passes through the point (1, â€“2).
b. Find the slope of the line through the points (8, 1) and (7, 3).
5. Find the domain of the functions:
6. a. For the graph of the function f (x) = x2 â€“ 5x + 6, find the vertex and the axis of symmetry.
b. One number is 2 more than another. The product of the numbers is 35.
Find the numbers.
7. A salesperson earns a base salary of $2,000 per month and a commission
of 5% on the amount of sales made. If the salesperson has a paycheck of
$3,006 for one month, what was the amount of sales for the month?
8. a. For x values in what interval (s) is the function increasing?
b. Determine whether the graph of y = 3 + x2 is symmetric with respect to
x-axis, y-axis, or the origin.
9. a. Find the zero of the function f(x) = 8 â€“ 2x
b. Write the equation for a function that has a graph with the given
The shape of y = |x| but stretched vertically by a factor of 2 and shifted right 3 units.
10.Find k so that the line containing the points (-3,k) and (4,8) is parallel to the line containing the points (5,3) and(1, -6).