M5 Climate Change Film Review
For this assignment you will watch the Al Gore documentary An Inconvenient Truth. While the film is slightly dated, it remains a relevant and groundbreaking movie which reached a broad segment of the population. Copies of the video are no longer available for sale through the bookstore. Here is a link to Amazon, where you can inexpensively buy or rent the video An Inconvenient Truth. Alternatively, you may be able to find free versions at local libraries or on the Internet though most free online versions have been removed due to copyright.
As you’re watching the video, think about the following questions and then submit a 1-2 page review of the film that succinctly summarizes the film content and then addresses the questions below.
- What organization produced the documentary? Do you believe that this organization has a particular position on environmental issues?
- Is this presenting primary or secondary sources of information?
- What sort of language is being used? Is it factual? Sensationalistic? Emotional? Biased? Persuasive?
- What is the purpose of the video? Who is the intended audience?
- How recent is the information? Based on your readings and other research, what information or current thinking on climate change is missing? Does this distract from the overall value of the film?