Research the Pacific island nation of Kiribati. You can conduct your research on the Internet, or through the online library. Make sure that the resource you use is reliable and record its full citation. You are responsible for finding two sources.
- Write a research paper of approximately 500 words that addresses the following prompts:
- Describe the current environmental situation in Kiribati.
- Describe the current political issues, including relations with neighboring countries such as Australia.
- What is the long-term outlook for Kiribati given your analysis of the current environmental and political issues (assume nothing changes)? Is there a global solution that will allow residents to stay in the area? Explain.
- Include a minimum of two sources, which may consist of readings from the University Library, your text, and other selections.
Writing a Case Study is a different twist than doing a lab exercise or an essay. In this case, study, some definite features should be included:
Background information –Laying the ground works Where is the location Kiribati? What are the important facts about the situation. What are the common elements?
Problem statement – Defining the issues Why is the present situation a problem? Be sure to state the core problems and not the symptoms.? Describe past that has led tocurrent environmental situation in Kiribati.
Analysis of data – Assessing the facts Probe the cause and effect of the variables that produced the present situation. What is involved? What are opportunities? What are constraints?Include in this the current political issues, including relations with neighboring countries such as Fiji, Australia, and New Zealand.
Alternative solutions – Posing potential resolutions What are some solutions and options for resolving the problems? What are the pros and cons of the short and long range for each? Given your analysis of the current environmental and political issues (assume nothing changes) What is the long-term outlook for Kiribati?
Recommendation – Prognosis for Kiribati’s future What is the most viable solution to handle the problem? Why is this solution the better choice? Is there a global solution that will allow residents to stay in the area? Explain. What does critical thought say is realistic long-term outlook for Kiribati?
Review the assessment requirements and the rubric for a case study. Remember, this is a scientific paper that requires a minimum of two sources that may consist of readings from the University Library, your text, and other selections.To add to the task, all this is to be accomplished within approximately 500 words. Staying within the boundaries of the 500 words and accomplishing the above task within that range is also part of the assignment. This means the writing must be focused, concise, and succinct.