Assignment Geologic History of Halifax geology homework help
In this assignment you are going to reconstruct the geologic history of the Halifax area. But to add
something new you are also going to complete a block model showing the underlying geology.
1. Cut out the model showing the geology of Halifax, Dartmouth, and Bedford Basin.
2. The top of the model shows the geology as mapped on the ground. To help with visualization,
try to imagine what you would see if the water were drained out of the area; the geological units
would extend across the floor of the Basin and Halifax Harbour. Try to connect the geological
boundaries across these areas and shade them according to the rock unit probably present.
3. The four sides of the block are cross-sections. Complete the sides of the block using the
evidence from the map. To help you are provided with a cross-section that shows the structure
that would be seen if the model were sliced along line A-B. Where you do not have clear
evidence for the structure, you should make reasonable assumptions. For example, the map
does not tell you the orientation of the boundary of the granite; assume it is irregular but roughly
4. Complete the assembly of the model, but don’t tape it too firmly because you will need to scan
or photograph your completed model as part of your assignment
5. Use your model to deduce the geological history of the Halifax area. The following is