Business Finance – – termpaperbuddy.com | Instant Assignment Help
Assignment 2: Entrepreneurial Crime – termpaperbuddy.com | Instant Assignment Help
Entrepreneurial crime as a concept refers to punishable acts which are committed by individuals in controlling positions within corporations, using the resources and power deriving from the corporate form as a vehicle to achieve ends which benefit the entrepreneur personally.
Research an entrepreneurial crime that has taken place in the last year and write a five to six (5-6) page paper in which you:
- Briefly describe the entrepreneurial crime you researched.
- Discuss how the psychological characteristics of individuals and accounting opportunities for omission(s) may have contributed to the commission of the entrepreneurial crime you researched.
- Analyze the cost of Sarbanes-Oxley in regulating the white-collar crime you researched and evaluate its impact on the “free market.”
- Compare and contrast the adjudication of the white-collar crime you researched as a criminal action versus a civil action.
- Determine whether agencies that are vested with statutory powers of investigation and imposition of penalties should choose a non-adversarial approach to regulation, as well as how your determination would have impacted the crime you researched.
- Use at least three (3) quality references. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not quality as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Describe the sources of laws related to white-collar crime and explain the basic provisions of major laws addressing white-collar crime.
- Discuss the principle processes and government agencies involved in regulating / policing white- collar crime and the various self-regulation approaches used by organizations.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in white-collar crime.
- Write clearly and concisely about white-collar crime using proper writing mechanics.
Click here to view the grading rubric