300 on national security issue of your choice for mock SOTU political science homework help
An important purpose of this assignment is to examine what the different branches and layers of government do to address a policy using a current issue to illustrate it.
Complete a research essay on the government and national security. Remember this is being written for the president to read.
Terrorism, national defense, and border security are always hot topics.
Here are the aspects and questions to address for this essay:
- Identify a current issue being debated about American national security.
- Explain two competing solutions to this problem.
- Evaluate which one is preferable.
- Address the responsibilities of each level of government, which are federal, state, and local. (Most of the essay will be about the federal government).
- Make sure, per the rubric, to differentiate among the three branches of the federal government.
- 300 word minimum length, not including references listed at the end or footnotes if used.
- Inclusion of facts from a recent news article about the topic/solution.
- Correct spelling, grammar, and formatting, whether it’s APA, MLA, or Chicago/Turabian.
1) Write concisely! More is not necessarily better if the required points from the rubric are missed. A 300-word essay can earn an “A.”
2) Essays should be written in the third person perspective. (Avoid using “I, me, my, mine, we, us, our, you, your”).
See attached rubric for more details!