Operational Budget Preparation
Utilizing your textbook readings create a presentation that provides:
- An overview of the components of an operating budget including revenue and expense sections.
- Definitions and one example of the following components; direct costs, indirect costs, overhead, fixed cost and variable cost, service revenue, non-service revenue, total revenue, gross revenue, and net revenue.
- An example of how the realities of a budget might direct or influence the strategic planning in a healthcare organization.
Note: Make sure to save a copy of your completed work.
The finished Assignment should be a 6–12 slide explanatory PowerPoint® presentation of an operating budget.
Before finalizing your work, you should:
- be sure to read the Assignment description carefully (as displayed above)
- consult the Grading Rubric (under the Course Home) to make sure you have included everything necessary;
- utilize spelling and grammar check to minimize errors; and
- review APA formatting and citation information found in the Writing Center, online, or elsewhere in the course.
Your writing assignment should:
- follow the conventions of Standard American English (correct grammar, punctuation, etc.);
- be well ordered, logical, and unified, as well as original and insightful;
- display superior content, organization, style, and mechanics; and
- use APA 6th edition format for organization, style, and crediting sources including:
- properly formatted header
- 12-point, double-spaced, Times New Roman font
- use of in-text citations
- title page and reference page
- use of headings (if applicable)
- Financial Management for Nurse Managers and Executives Edition: 4th (2013) Author: Finkler Publisher: Elsevier Science Book
- ISBN: 978-1-4557-0088-2